Picture Quality Enjoy the Ultimate 3D Experience
Active Shutter Progressive 3D Method
The display alternately shows images for the left and right eyes. The left and right lenses of the eyewear open and close in sync with this display timing to show separate images to the left and right eyes. By repeating this action at high speed, the brain perceives 3D images. And because this method displays FULL HD 3D images just as they are, both eyes receive 3D images in high, full-HD quality.
* 3D Eyewear is required for viewing 3D images.
Panasonic 'FULL HD 3D' is defined as follows:
Crisp, Clear Moving Pictures2,500 Focused Field Drive
- Compatible with 1,080p 3D signal
- Panel has native resolution of 1,920 x 1,080p display
This original Panasonic technology detects image movements like the human eye, and optimizes the drive accordingly. By achieving instantaneously powerful light emission rather than finely divided emission, it reduces the afterimages that cause blurring. As a result, fast movement is reproduced with excellent clarity.Deeper Blacks Even in Bright RoomsInfinite Black Pro
Enhancements to the panel and cells help reproduce images with smooth, natural gradation and deep, rich blacks - even when viewed in bright surroundings. In movies, the true, deep blacks faithfully convey the intent of the filmmakers, adding power and realism to the viewing experience.Richer Black Details24,576 Equivalent Steps of Gradation
Even highly nuanced black images in dark areas that were previously impossible to express are now rendered with incredible fidelity. Finer light emission due to a newly developed drive technology raises the steps of gradation by as much as four times over previous systems. Nighttime skies and other dark areas that were prone to blocked shadows are beautifully reproduced.
* When using Cinema mode.Color Reproduction Faithful to the Original1,080p Pure Direct
The 1,080p Pure Direct function transmits and outputs high-quality YUV 4:4:4 30-bit video signals directly to the TV. This reproduces colors that are highly faithful to the original.Beautifully Reproduced Crisp LinesPure Image Creation
Diagonal lines and edges are detected with high precision in each scene for all types of images, and optimal correction is applied to achieve beautiful, highly natural, noise-free lines.Expressive, Lifelike ColorsVivid Color Creation
The brightness, saturation, contrast and sharpness of colors are finely compensated in each scene. Highly vivid colors are produced with hardly any mutual interference. People's faces are also detected, and skin tones are beautifully corrected to ensure soft, natural complexions.Smooth Reproduction of Web MoviesWeb Smoother
The blurring that often happens in web images is eliminated to produce naturally smooth motion.Easily Convert 2D Images into 3D2D-3D Conversion
Unique Panasonic technology converts 2D images into high-quality 3D images in real-time. The image depth is analyzed from the compositional, color and brightness data of each scene, to convert 2D images into naturally beautiful 3D images. In addition to ordinary TV programs, this method can be used to convert a variety of 2D images - such as web content, Blu-ray Disc™ media, and photos and movies saved onto SD Memory Cards - into 3D images with a high level of precision.
* When a 2D source is converted to 3D, the 3D effect is slightly less pronounced than with 3D sources.Movie Content with Smooth Playback3D 24p Cinema Smoother
Enjoy naturally flowing 24p films and familiar TV-like quality. In plasma displays, increasing the number of frames creates smoother images. When reproducing images from a 24p film source, VIERA's 24p cinema smoother function generates smooth, natural-looking images.Turn Your Living Room into a 3D TheaterTHX ® 3D Certified Display
In order to enjoy the original image quality of a movie, you need to have a display that portrays the images exactly as the movie's creators intended. VIERA has cleared the high standards set by the THX Certified Display Program. It reproduces both 2D and 3D images with cinema-like quality. Enjoy beautiful images that are optimal for movies.
* THX and the THX logo are trademarks of THX Ltd. which are registered in some jurisdictions. The THX 3D logo is a trademark of THX Ltd. All rights reserved.
* Certification pending for the 65 inch and the 60 inch.A New TV Sound Experience 3D Real Sound with 8-Train Speakers
Eight dome-type microspeakers with reflectors deliver wide-ranging, high-quality sound. Only about 8 mm thick, these compact units also contribute to the beauty of the narrow-edge design.
Super Slim Sub-Woofer
The sub-woofer, which is mounted to the rear surface of the panel, delivers robust bass sounds. Its super slim design, with a thickness of only 22 mm, helps to keep the entire display attractively thin.Sound Lifting Driver
Original Panasonic acoustic-field compensation technology produces highly accurate sound imaging. Matched to human auditory characteristics, the frequency for the bandwidth in which the sound is located is adjusted and the optimal compensation is applied.
Learn more: Easy Operation
Change the Way You Operate VIERA remote App Support: Smartphone Remote
VIERA remote App lets you use a smartphone or tablet device as a remote control. Tap and flick-based commands are intuitive. Text input is easy, too, with familiar keyboard operation. These handy devices also make great gamepads.More Comfortable Operation
Free Point Operation
More intuitive free-point operation for web browsing, by using the touch screen as a touchpad.
Gamepad operation for VIERA Connect game applications which can be enjoyed on the large screen.
* Gamepad operations can be used only for games downloaded from the VIERA Connect Market. Linking Content Enables Greater Enjoyment
You can display the same web pages on VIERA and smartphone with easy operation.
Enjoy photos, music and movies on VIERA and smartphone anytime.
* Learn about the setup instructions, main features, FAQs and more information. Change the Way You Operate
Simple Remote Control
This remote features easy-to-see characters and an easy-to-understand button layout. It lets everyone in the house operate VIERA quickly and easily.Switch Between Several Pages Freely
Multiple VIERA Connect applications can be easily switched with the task display. There is no need to open and close applications every time. This makes VIERA Connect applications more fun to use.
* Some applications do not support the task display.
Instant Support When You Need It
Product Support Center
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about connecting peripheral devices and operating methods are explained using movies. They are easy for everyone, young or old, to understand. A video guide can be accessed from VIERA Connect.
* Requires the downloading of a free app from VIERA Connect Market.Inside the User's Manual
No more need to search through the User's Manual. Now you can find out how to operate and connect devices right on your TV screen. Just press the HELP button on the remote control to display the eHELP.Networking Takes You to a New World
VIERA Connect is an internet service for TVs based on the use of cloud servers.
It brings you video-on-demand (VOD), catch-up TV, games, educational content, and lots more, through a wide range of apps. It's a great way to relax in your living room with family and friends.
Find your favorite apps:Large-Screen Web Browsing with Your Family
The browser supports HTML5 pages, so you can browse the Internet much like you do with a PC. Unlike a PC, though, the large screen allows the whole family or a group of friends to comfortably view a wide variety of content.Neat and Comfortable Wireless Internet Connection
It is easy to connect to the internet or a home network by using the WiFi Built-In function. There is no need for cords or cables, so the layout is flexible and the room stays neat and uncluttered. Using a wireless connection for VIERA Connect and employing the DLNA function make it easy to share photos and movies.
* A wireless LAN environment is required to use the WiFi Built-In function.
A Home Network Linking the Entire House
A DLNA-compatible VIERA makes network connection super easy. It makes content easy to share by linking equipment over a home network. Enjoy photos, movies, music and more in the living room, bedroom, or any room in the house.Get More Excitement Out of Gaming
Games are much more fun when there's no lag in operation. VIERA automatically chooses settings that provide the optimal image, so you get super-fast response and no delays. Even dark scenes with delicately rendered details are beautiful and easy to see. Game mode makes all of the game apps on VIERA Connect even more fun to play.Play Various Types of Formats Easily
Simply insert an SD Memory Card or USB memory stick into the slot to enjoy previously saved photos, video clips and music on VIERA's large screen. You can also add frames and other effects to your photos and videos, and create slide shows complete with background music. A wide variety of formats are supported, so you can listen to PC-based music files and web movies right on your TV.
* Applicable formats vary depending on the model.One Remote Controls Them All
VIERA Link interlinks the operation of various AV devices, so you can operate them all using only the VIERA remote. Setup is easy, too - simply connect the devices to each other via HDMI cables.
Eco Environment-Friendly Panel
Mercury and Lead Free
Panasonic is committed to making our products more friendly to the environment. In line with this commitment, all VIERA plasma display panels are free of both lead and mercury. This reduces the impact on the environment years down the road when the TV is recycled or retired from use.Years of Beautiful Images
Long Panel Life
One important way consumers can protect the environment is by choosing high-quality products and taking care of them so they last for a long time. A high-quality VIERA HDTV can help. Thanks to a newly designed phosphor process and rear panel process, our plasma panels last for up to 100,000 hours before the brightness decreases by half. That's more than 30 years of viewing 8 hours a day.
* This measurement is based on the time taken for the brightness of the panel to reduce to half of its maximum level. The time taken to reach this level may vary depending on the image content and the environment where the TV is used. Image retention and malfunctions are not taken into account.Searching for Waste and Automatically Saving Power
This mode automatically turns the power off and adjusts the brightness depending on VIERA's operating status. Settings can be configured by selecting Eco mode from VIERA Tools.
No Signal for 10 Minutes or No Activity
for 3 Hours
This setting automatically turns the power off when there's no image signal for 10 minutes or more, or when there's no activity for 3 hours or more.
This setting adjusts screen brightness to reduce power consumption.Adjusts Screen Brightness to Suit the Room
C.A.T.S. [Contrast Automatic Tracking System]
This detects the brightness of the room and automatically adjusts screen brightness accordingly. When the room darkens, it lowers the screen brightness and adjusts the image quality for easier viewing while suppressing power consumption.
Ecological and Easy
Power Saving Functions in VIERA Link™
The power of each connected device is adjusted depending on usage to reduce wasteful usage.
Standby Power Save
When VIERA is turned off, the power consumption of connected devices* is minimized.
* VIERA models for 2009 or above, and video products for 2009 or above compatible with Power Save or Quick Start.
** The power consumption value differs depending on the discs used in connected devices and the usage conditions.
Intelligent Auto Standby
Power consumption is minimized by using VIERA Link™ control for interconnected devices.
* VIERA models for 2009 or above, and video products for 2009 or above compatible with Power Save or Quick Start.Design Stylish Metal Frame
Both simple and stunning, the fine metal frame surrounds the stylish face of this TV and clearly delineates the images that float onto the screen.
Learn more: Panasonic VIERA AR Setup Simulator App
Get the best Setup and viewing style for your Panasonic Viera TV
Notice for VIERA Connect
* The services through VIERA Connect are operated by their respective service providers, and service may be discontinued either temporarily or permanently without notice. Therefore, Panasonic will make no warranty for the content or the continuity of the service.
* Not all features of websites or content of the service may be available.
* Some content may be inappropriate for some viewers.
* Some content may only be available for specific countries and may be presented in specific languages.
* The MLB, FOX Sports, YouTube™, hulu Plus, Netflix, Cinemanow, Amazon Instant Video™, VUDU, iFit, Withings, AP, AccuWeather, BodyMedia, SHOUTcast, Pandora ® , Facebook and Twitter ® names and logos are trademarks of their respective companies in the United States and other countries.
* The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited.
* Each service is scheduled to begin in Spring 2012, but the actual start will vary for each of the service partners.
* Attention: it is not possible to make emergency calls with Skype™.
* USB Keyboard and Wireless LAN Adaptor are not included.
* Communication Camera for VIERA is not included.