* The TV photos used in these illustrations may differ from the actual models being described. Enjoy the Ultimate 3D ExperienceActive Shutter Progressive 3D Method
The display alternately shows images for the left and right eyes. The left and right lenses of the eyewear open and close in sync with this display timing to show separate images to the left and right eyes. By repeating this action at high speed, the brain perceives 3D images. And because this method displays FULL HD 3D images just as they are, both eyes receive 3D images in high, full-HD quality.
* 3D Eyewear is required for viewing 3D images.Panasonic 'FULL HD 3D' is defined as follows:
Compatible with 1,080p 3D signal Smooth Reproduction of Fast Motion1,920 Backlight Scanning
Panel has native resolution of 1,920 x 1,080p display
In addition to increasing the generated frames from 60 to 240 frames per second, backlight control has evolved through area splitting. The backlight's fine blinking reduces afterimages, to produce smooth, fast movements without blurring. Sports scenes, action scenes and other fast-motion images are crisp and clear. Reproducing Deep, Robust BlacksClear Panel Pro
Deep black expression is made possible by a new filter that suppresses external reflections. A new backlight area control technology also divides the display into 16 portions and provides detailed brightness control to produce images with strong contrast. Night skies are crisp with deep shades of black, and the surfaces of nighttime lakes and seas are vibrant and detailed.Color Reproduction Faithful to the Original1,080p Pure Direct
The 1,080p Pure Direct function transmits and outputs high-quality YUV 4:4:4 30-bit video signals directly to the TV. This reproduces colors that are highly faithful to the original.Beautifully Reproduced Crisp LinesPure Image Creation
Diagonal lines and edges are detected with high precision in each scene for all types of images, and optimal correction is applied to achieve beautiful, highly natural, noise-free lines.Expressive, Lifelike ColorsVivid Color Creation
The brightness, saturation, contrast and sharpness of colors are finely compensated in each scene. Highly vivid colors are produced with hardly any mutual interference. People's faces are also detected, and skin tones are beautifully corrected to ensure soft, natural complexions. Smooth Reproduction of Web MoviesWeb Smoother
The blurring that often happens in web images is eliminated to produce naturally smooth motion. Easily Convert 2D Images into 3D2D-3D Conversion
Unique Panasonic technology converts 2D images into high-quality 3D images in real-time. The image depth is analyzed from the compositional, color and brightness data of each scene, to convert 2D images into naturally beautiful 3D images. In addition to ordinary TV programs, this method can be used to convert a variety of 2D images - such as web content, Blu-ray Disc™ media, and photos and movies saved onto SD Memory Cards - into 3D images with a high level of precision.
* When a 2D source is converted to 3D, the 3D effect is slightly less pronounced than with 3D sources.Naturally Flowing Film Images3D 24p Cinema Smoother
The system analyzes the frames before and after, and generates and inserts three new frames. By displaying images with 96 frames compared to the 24-frame original source, smooth images are produced without the blurring that is typical of movies.
* These images are for a 60Hz input signal. Image Calibration Customized to Your HomeISFccc Calibration
An ISF-certified installer can calibrate your VIERA, so that image reproduction is customized to the actual viewing conditions in your home and your personal preferences. The calibration process provides the settings that bring out the full expressive potential within the image signals. Settings for contrast, tint, sharpness and color are optimized to meet your home's lighting conditions for both daytime and nighttime viewing.
* ISF and IMAGING SCIENCE FOUNDATION are trademarks owned by Imaging Science Foundation, Inc. Brilliant Images from Every SeatWide Viewing Angle
* This function is exclusively for installer use. It is not intended for use by ordinary consumers.
With VIERA's wide 178°* viewing angle, you see clear, vibrant images from every seat in the room. The backlight features a wide transmission aperture that enhances contrast between light and dark and improves response to provide smoother motion images.
* The range at which the contrast ratio is 10:1 or higher. A New TV Sound Experience3D Real Sound with 8-Train Speakers
Speaker System8-Train Speakers
Eight dome-type microspeakers with reflectors deliver wide-ranging, high-quality sound. Only about 8 mm thick, these compact units also contribute to the beauty of the narrow-edge design.Super Slim Sub-Woofer
The sub-woofer, which is mounted to the rear surface of the panel, delivers robust bass sounds. Its super slim design, with a thickness of only 11 mm, helps to keep the entire display attractively thin.Sound Lifting Driver
Original Panasonic acoustic-field compensation technology produces highly accurate sound imaging. Matched to human auditory characteristics, the frequency for the bandwidth in which the sound is located is adjusted and the optimal compensation is applied.
* The TV photos used in these illustrations may differ from the actual models being described. Change the Way You OperateVIERA remote App Support: Smartphone Remote
VIERA remote App lets you use a smartphone or tablet device as a remote control. Tap and flick-based commands are intuitive. Text input is easy, too, with familiar keyboard operation. These handy devices also make great gamepads.More Comfortable OperationFree Point Operation
More intuitive free-point operation for web browsing, by using the touch screen as a touchpad.Gamepad Operation*
Gamepad operation for VIERA Connect game applications which can be enjoyed on the large screen.
* Gamepad operations can be used only for games downloaded from the VIERA Connect Market.Linking Content Enables Greater EnjoymentBrowser Linkage
You can display the same web pages on VIERA and smartphone with easy operation.Media Flick
Enjoy photos, music and movies on VIERA and smartphone anytime.
* Learn about the setup instructions, main features, FAQs and more information. Change the Way You OperateVIERA Touch Pad Controller
Designed especially for web page browsing, this remote fits snugly in the hand. Simply scroll it with your thumb for easy, PC-like operation without even having to look at it.Change the Way You OperateSimple Remote Control
This remote features easy-to-see characters and an easy-to-understand button layout. It lets everyone in the house operate VIERA quickly and easily. Switch Between Several Pages FreelyMultitasking
Multiple VIERA Connect applications can be easily switched with the task display. There is no need to open and close applications every time. This makes VIERA Connect applications more fun to use.
* Some applications do not support the task display.Instant Support When You Need ItProduct Support Center
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about connecting peripheral devices and operating methods are explained using movies. They are easy for everyone, young or old, to understand. A video guide can be accessed from VIERA Connect.
* Requires the downloading of a free app from VIERA Connect Market.Inside the User's ManualeHELP
No more need to search through the User's Manual. Now you can find out how to operate and connect devices right on your TV screen. Just press the HELP button on the remote control to display the eHELP.
* The TV photos used in these illustrations may differ from the actual models being described. Takes You to a New WorldVIERA Connect
VIERA Connect is an internet service for TVs based on the use of cloud servers.
It brings you video-on-demand (VOD), catch-up TV, games, educational content, and lots more, through a wide range of apps. It's a great way to relax in your living room with family and friends.
Find your favorite apps: Large-Screen Web Browsing with Your FamilyWeb Browser
The browser supports HTML5 pages, so you can browse the Internet much like you do with a PC. Unlike a PC, though, the large screen allows the whole family or a group of friends to comfortably view a wide variety of content. Neat and Comfortable Wireless Internet ConnectionWiFi Built-In
It is easy to connect to the internet or a home network by using the WiFi Built-In function. There is no need for cords or cables, so the layout is flexible and the room stays neat and uncluttered. Using a wireless connection for VIERA Connect and employing the DLNA function make it easy to share photos and movies.
* A wireless LAN environment is required to use the WiFi Built-In function. A Home Network Linking the Entire HouseDLNA
A DLNA-compatible VIERA makes network connection super easy. It makes content easy to share by linking equipment over a home network. Enjoy photos, movies, music and more in the living room, bedroom, or any room in the house. Get More Excitement Out of GamingGame Mode
Games are much more fun when there's no lag in operation. VIERA automatically chooses settings that provide the optimal image, so you get super-fast response and no delays. Even dark scenes with delicately rendered details are beautiful and easy to see. Game mode makes all of the game apps on VIERA Connect even more fun to play. Play Various Types of Formats EasilyMedia Player
Simply insert an SD Memory Card or USB memory stick into the slot to enjoy previously saved photos, video clips and music on VIERA's large screen. You can also add frames and other effects to your photos and videos, and create slide shows complete with background music. A wide variety of formats are supported, so you can listen to PC-based music files and web movies right on your TV.
* Applicable formats vary depending on the model. One Remote Controls Them AllVIERA Link™
VIERA Link interlinks the operation of various AV devices, so you can operate them all using only the VIERA remote. Setup is easy, too - simply connect the devices to each other via HDMI cables.
* The TV photos used in these illustrations may differ from the actual models being described.Top Class LCD Energy-SavingsLow Power Consumption for LED LCD TVs
New liquid crystal materials* are employed in the IPS panel, which features a high aperture ratio for greater light transmission. The transmission efficiency is also improved. Power consumption has been cut approximately 25%** by combining this panel with an LED backlight that offers high brightness and power-saving efficiency. This all results in a better picture with less energy consumed.
* Only for the WT and DT Series.Searching for Waste and Automatically Saving PowerEco Mode
** The rate of power consumption reduction varies depending on the model.
This mode automatically turns the power off and adjusts the brightness depending on VIERA's operating status. Settings can be configured by selecting Eco mode from VIERA Tools.No Signal for 10 Minutes or No Activity for 3 Hours
This setting automatically turns the power off when there's no image signal for 10 minutes or more, or when there's no activity for 3 hours or more.Power Save
This setting adjusts screen brightness to reduce power consumption.Adjusts Screen Brightness to Suit the RoomC.A.T.S. [Contrast Automatic Tracking System]
This detects the brightness of the room and automatically adjusts screen brightness accordingly. When the room darkens, it lowers the screen brightness and adjusts the image quality for easier viewing while suppressing power consumption.Ecological and EasyPower Saving Functions in VIERA Link™
The power of each connected device is adjusted depending on usage to reduce wasteful usage.Standby Power Save
When VIERA is turned off, the power consumption of connected devices* is minimized.
* VIERA models for 2009 or above, and video products for 2009 or above compatible with Power Save or Quick Start.Intelligent Auto Standby
** The power consumption value differs depending on the discs used in connected devices and the usage conditions.
Power consumption is minimized by using VIERA Link™ control for interconnected devices.
* VIERA models for 2009 or above, and video products for 2009 or above compatible with Power Save or Quick Start.
Design Super Narrow Metal Frame with Crescent Stand
A chic, 10-mm metal frame defines the four panel edges to accentuate the images within. This is further enhanced by the crescent-shaped stand to give the display an extraordinary effect.
Learn more: Panasonic VIERA AR Setup Simulator App
Get the best Setup and viewing style for your Panasonic Viera TVNotice for VIERA Connect
* The services through VIERA Connect are operated by their respective service providers, and service may be discontinued either temporarily or permanently without notice. Therefore, Panasonic will make no warranty for the content or the continuity of the service.
* Not all features of websites or content of the service may be available.
* Some content may be inappropriate for some viewers.
* Some content may only be available for specific countries and may be presented in specific languages.
* The MLB, FOX Sports, YouTube™, hulu Plus, Netflix, Cinemanow, Amazon Instant Video™, VUDU, iFit, Withings, AP, AccuWeather, BodyMedia, SHOUTcast, Pandora®, Facebook and Twitter® names and logos are trademarks of their respective companies in the United States and other countries.
* The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited.
* Each service is scheduled to begin in Spring 2012, but the actual start will vary for each of the service partners.
* Attention: it is not possible to make emergency calls with Skype™.
* USB Keyboard and Wireless LAN Adaptor are not included.
* Communication Camera for VIERA is not included.